Is that something that should be purchased?
What is Travel/Trip Insurance?
Travel Insurance is a kind of insurance that covers different risks while someone is travelling. It covers medical expenses, lost luggage, flight cancellations, and other losses that a traveler can incur while travelling.
Travel Insurance can cover the following things:
- Medical Emergencies
- Loss of Checked Baggage
- Loss of Passport
- Personal Accident
- Trip Cancellation and Curtailment
- Against a Burglary While You Are Away
- Loss of Personal Items
- In case of Evacuation
Things to know about Travel Insurance.
- Travel Insurance can’t cover all possible situation that might happen. Working with your agent to figure out what kinds of coverage you need and what your budget is for the insurance.
- Benefits can vary depending on the kind of insurance you choose with your agent or for your vacation package.
- The insurance is to cover unforeseen circumstances. It is things you don’t see coming or out of your control like if you are on a beach vacation and a hurricane comes through where you are staying.
How Does Travel Insurance Work?
Travel insurance reimburses you for your covered financial losses after you file a claim and the claim is approved.
If something happens during or before your trip, you need to contact the travel insurance company as soon as possible. They can advise you about what to do.
The big thing is that you need to keep detailed records of everything that happened and what was done.
There might be an illness in the family that is the reason you can’t make the trip. You will need a doctor’s note and copies of any bills sent to you.
You might have to cancel your trip due to work. You would need a letter from your employer.
When sending in a claim you will need to submit all documentation to your insurer.
The biggest thing is to keep everything that has to do with why you couldn’t take your trip or if things were stolen/loss during the trip.
In closing, having travel/trip insurance will give you an extra piece of mind while on your trip.
Contact Satch or Greg for your Insurance needs at 937-529-8300 or the Reliable Partners Group Insurance Agency’s website (www.rpgagents.com)